Wednesday 9 October 2013

Elizabethan Hairstyles

 Elizabeth I In Her Coronation Robes 1559
Up until Elizabeth's coronation ceremony her hair was always loose and long showing that she is a young woman. I also feel like this symbolises how carefree she is as a princess as being a queen holds a lot more responsibility.

 The Pheonix Portrait 1675
Elizabeth's hairstyles were iconic for her firey red curls! I think this is one of my favourite elements to her styles and want to take that further into my project.These curls were so precisely placed and she had so many of them! She would have beautiful little ringlets going over her head in a round shape.
The Ermine Portrait 1585
Elizabeth's style would start to develop throughout her reigning years into this heartshape. The heartshape still continues to be style with curly hair. These high up hairstyles she always had were to make her look more intimidating and strong. Although I feel that she still looks feminine with this style, a lot of other people would disagree and think that by having high hair her forehead looked larger and altogether made her look more masculine.

No comments:

Post a Comment